I’m challenging you and I’m challenging myself – let’s attract some new business. Just putting some forward motion and focus on business development can give our businesses a little mojo.
- Read the local paper. There may be an article that inspires a thought or you may learn of a new business right around the corner who could use your service.
- Sit down in a local restaurant for coffee or lunch. Do a little work on your laptop but check out people. Notice the other people meeting and working. You might just be int he right place at the right time.
- In the restaurant, peruse the community board. Drop off some business cards. Pull some cards of businesses you may be able to help.
- Review your website for local keywords. Add more where you can. This helps when Google and other search engines index your site. More regionally specific will get you higher in rankings for nearby searches. Example, someone who is searching for “Gulfport accountant” vs. “accountant.”
- Add your company to thinklocal.com. Or one of the other local business directories. Takes a few moments and it’s free.