I’m pushing on planning again today. Even if you can’t think out a year on what you’ll be selling, promoting or writing, three months is possible.
After twenty years of coming up with promotional ideas for businesses and within the last ten years the increased need for daily content ideas, I’ve come up with a few tools to help me.
One of the easiest ways to draw people to your brand – better known as in-bound marketing – is tie into something they already love… enjoy… participate in. This is why big sales are around our major holidays. This is how large retailers plot out their calendar – not by January, February, March but by Valentine’s, Easter, Mother’s Day, Summer, etc.
Taking advantage of national awareness days and monthly observances to promote and connect your brand also works well. Look at the NFL and the month of October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. There are literally thousands of national days and minor holidays you can be inspired by to help you create tweets, blog posts and sales. What matters most in selecting is that it works for your target buyer, your products and/or your brand persona. Make sure it makes sense.
To help, I’ve created the attached pdf which highlights something every day of 2016 being celebrated. 365 opportunities to connect better with your customer and have an easier time developing content.
- Share a quote for Gandhi’s birthday on Twitter
- Invite clients in for a party to celebrate National Karaoke Week
- Make a sale for 20% off jigsaw puzzles for National Puzzle Day
- Bring doughnuts to all your clients on National Doughnut Day
- If you are a dentist, blog weekly during February on Children’s Dental health since it’s Children’s Dental Health Month. Offer a special promotion for first-time visits. Go to a few local schools. Send a press release to local media on best practices for children’s teeth. Plan a special free gift/promotional product.
I know next month, I’ll be sharing a past and present Native American daily on my personal blog (and then sharing as a tweet) because it’s Native American Heritage Month and it’s important to me to help increase awareness of the culture and its heroes.
Enjoy and happy planning!