Today, WordPress is not just limited to blogging. In fact, the majority of my clients use WordPress as their CMS (Content Management System), updating and changing their content whenever they desire. I love WordPress as a CMS because it allows my clients to take care of the small changes themselves (who really wants to pay someone to revise a link or add a photo to a page?) and let me focus on bigger projects for them – a much better use of their money.
Need more convincing on converting your site to WordPress? Here’s more great facts:
- My clients may include a blog on their site, but they also have standard sections, a store, photo galleries, contact forms and hundreds of other features.
- Editing with WordPress is very user friendly, similar to Microsoft Word functionality. When you edit a page or post, you have the option between “visual” view or “html” view. There are even built in tools for you to import content from Word or a .txt document.
- While the majority of my clients have remained with the initial design we put together, WordPress has thousands of design “themes” to choose from – many of which are free. With WordPress, you have complete control over the branding, design and layout of your site. WordPress is naturally SEO-friendly with features that guide a search engine through your site to gather the information it needs to include your site within its database.
- Ever heard the phrase “there’s an app for that.” Well, with WordPress, there’s a plugin or widget for that. From calendars and social media bars to SEO and measurements, there are over 13,000 plugins in the WordPress Plugin Directory. The majority of which are, once again, free.
- WordPress forum consists of probably every WordPress question and answer in the world. If it’s been an issue, it’s on the WordPress forum.
[box=”download”]White Bear Marketing can help you get set up on WordPress today! LEARN MORE NOW [/box]